Amazing Information About Waffle Irons
A waffle iron is also known as a waffle maker, with its usage dating back to over a century ago. The appliance is used to make waffles. It consists of two metal plates combined with a hinge. The plates are molded in a honeycomb pattern imprinted in waffles.
After heating the iron, batter or dough is placed between the plates, and they are closed together. The result almost resembles a pancake though it is much lighter and sweeter. It is mainly used to make breakfast delicacies.
Additionally, the waffle maker helped in the making of the Moon Shoe in 1972. The shoe’s sole was designed on a waffle. This article will discuss the various tips which can be followed when using a waffle maker. Besides, it will also outline some types of waffle makers.
How to Use a Waffle Maker
The following tips will assist you on how to make waffles using a waffle maker.
- Use a nonstick cooking spray to coat the grill plate before you start to cook. Similarly, you may wipe the inside of the waffle iron with a lightly oil-coated paper towel. Ensure that no oil builds up on the grid plate so that your waffles won’t lose their flavor.
- Add batter or dough once the waffle iron is heated. Ensure that the batter/dough does not fill the entire grid plate. This gives an expansion room, and your batter/dough won’t overflow to the sides.
- Even though there is a signal for alerting you once the waffle is wholly baked, generally, the waffle will be cooked when steam stops escaping from the waffle iron. A fully baked waffle is crispy and light brown in color. Cool the leftover waffles, wrap them in plastic wrapping and freeze them to eat later. The frozen waffles should be popped into a toaster before serving them.
- Clean the waffle maker before storing it. A quick cleanup involves unplugging the waffle maker while still warm and placing several dampened paper towels on the grill plate. Close the plates together and wait for the steam to stop. Open the plates and remove the towels.
Types of Waffle Makers
Waffle makers are available in various sizes and shapes, but they work almost the same way. You can use any of the following types of waffle makers to bake perfect waffles.
- Classic Waffle Iron
This fluffy waffle resembles a traditional waffle maker, and it takes some time to heat up. Its storage and setup are much more accessible. The appliance is made of stainless steel; thus, it is easily cleaned through wiping.
- Belgian Waffle Iron
This waffle maker is ideal for people who love un-frilled Belgian-style waffles. It is very convenient to make a delicious breakfast. The appliance is designed to give you a streamlined experience in the process of baking waffles.
- Ceramic Belgian Waffle Iron
Ceramic is entirely nonstick; thus, many people love this waffle maker. Unlike stainless steel waffle makers, a Ceramic Belgian Waffle Maker requires no spray-on oil when baking the waffles. The appliance heats up faster to create relatively crispier waffles. It is ideal for people who love crispy waffles but find it hard to clean the waffle maker.
Baking waffles is an excellent idea for adding delicacies to your breakfast. Above, you have a perfect procedure for using your waffle iron. Also, consider checking out the various types of waffle makers before purchasing one. This will help you choose an ideal waffle maker for your preferences.