The Pros and Cons of Buying Wines Online and In-Store
These days, the wine market has discovered a significant advantage in introducing wines to online retail. Online wineries have created websites to reach a bigger consumer base and serve their unique needs, but is this always the better method?
Some wine aficionados may be sceptical about purchasing a bottle through digital means. After all, the traditional in-store winery in Hunter Valley has been around for centuries, offering plenty of additional services for customers old and new.
If you are unsure whether to buy wine online or in-store, we listed your pros and cons.
Buying Wines In-Store
Before the advent of technology, visiting the local winery to pick up a bottle was the way to go. Even today, purchasing wines in a physical store remains customers’ most trusted buying method.
Now that online wine stores are everywhere, shifts have been made, and local wineries have managed both physical and digital stores.
Below are the pros and cons of continuing to buy your wine in-store:
Pros of In-Store
- Buying wines in a physical store allows you to take the wine home immediately after purchase.
- Enjoy additional services like wine tastings and vineyard tours
- Local wineries can offer advice and customised selection to suit your tastes better
- Visiting wineries also lets you interact with fellow wine enthusiasts and discuss similar interests
Cons of In-Store
- Most wineries are likely to offer limited selections, especially rare ones
- Buying wine in-store may be more expensive due to rent and staffing expenses on the side of the shop
- You may need to travel far to visit the nearest winery and get your bottle
Buying Wine Online
More and more consumers have shifted to online stores due to convenience and accessibility. Because of this ongoing trend, wineries have taken advantage of creating websites where customers can place orders and have their products shipped.
Below are some of the pros and cons of buying your wine from online stores:
Pros of Online
- Buying online gives you access to exclusive wine options typically missing from physical wineries and retailers
- You don’t have to spend time travelling to get your wine online since they offer shipping
- Online wine stores are open 24/7, allowing you to purchase a bottle anytime
- Online wineries are also providing more information about the products they sell, including tasting notes, ratings, and reviews
Cons of Online
- You might need to wait a while before your wine is shipped to your home
- Online wineries may also have limited personal interaction, leaving you to decide your choices alone
- Wines may be damaged during shipping when not handled correctly
Enjoy Wine at Ivanhoe Wines
The decision to buy online or in-store is entirely up to you. What’s essential is to source your bottle from a reputable winery, like Australia’s most-trusted, Ivanhoe Wines.
Visit us at 525 Marrowbone Road, Pokolbin NSW 2320 Australia, or order your wines on our website.